How We Support You
We Are Here For You
This is your Weekend and we want you to have the best experience possible! To ensure that it is a “walk in the park,” we will provide you with support before and after The Weekend. We are here for you, so please feel free to take advantage of any of the services, tools and tips that we offer.
Visit both sections to find the specific ways that we support you.
Or if you would like to talk to one our friendly and knowledgeable Weekend Coaches, please call us at . We would love to hear from you.
Before the Event
- Your Personal Page: This is your very own webpage where you can write your story, accept donations can check your progress, start a blog and more. Best of all, it’s free and easy to use. To get started, login to the Participant Centre.
- Helpful Coaches: On the phone at or by email at , our coaches are here to encourage, inspire, motivate, support, listen and advise you. Whatever your question or concern, we’re here to help!
- Training Assistance: From training walks to coaching to connecting you with other Walkers, we’ll help you get prepared. Visit our
page for more details.
- Fundraising Advice: Our staff and Coaches have helped people raise well over $100 million for cancer causes, and are here to do the same for you! Visit our
page for more details.
- Networking: There are many opportunities throughout the year to meet your fellow participants. Whether it’s at our Get in Step Sessions, Training Walks, or Pink Martini Nights, get to know and be inspired by others who will be with you on The Weekend. Check our
page to find out what’s happening near you.
Don't stop here, visit During the Event
section and learn how we make this a memorable event for you from start to finish.
During the Event
- Safety: Your safety is our first priority. From careful event planning to the safety video you’ll watch, and medical care and sweep vans along the route, we’ve got you covered with everything you’ll need to stay safe and have fun.
- Medical Care: All along the route and at Camp we have volunteer medical professionals ready with first aid and medical assistance. And, if for any reason you feel you can’t or shouldn’t finish the day's distance, a vehicle will transfer you to Camp or the Finish Line on Day Two.
- Pit Stops: Every few kilometres along the route, you’ll encounter Pit Stops stocked with water, sports drinks, high-energy snacks and other things to keep you going. We also have toilet facilities here and at other key locations along the route.
- Gear Transport: While you’re walking, we’ll transport your luggage. Just drop off your gear at the specially marked truck and it will be waiting for you at Camp, and again when you get to the finish line on Day Two.
- Camp: At your home-away-from-home you’ll enjoy hot showers, a warm meal, an evening of entertainment, and a cozy tent. Should you need them, medical attention, massage, chiropractic and podiatry services are also available if you are spending the night.
- Food: In addition to snacks at the Pit Stops and dinner at Camp, you’ll get delicious and nutritious breakfasts and lunches to keep you well fueled. You will not go hungry. In fact you may eat more than you ever have before!
- Crew and Volunteers: These heroes will cheer you on, hand out meals, drive safety vehicles and much much more. They keep everything running smoothly, working around the clock to keep you comfortable and safe.
Rest assured that you will be supported during this amazing journey. We recognize your commitment and do everything we can to ensure that your experience is rewarding. Now that you have learned about The Weekend, take the next step and